Marcus Rashford has been in comparison with Theo Walcott as he continues to blow cold and hot in entrance of purpose for Manchester United this season.
Rashford, the England ahead, has led the road for the Purple Devils all marketing campaign however has scored solely seven objectives in all competitions.
His failure to hit the again of the online constantly is a big a part of United’s ongoing struggles, and it’s painful to observe given Rashford has proven on many events he has true high quality.
Solely final week the England worldwide netted twice in a 2-1 Carabao Cup defeat of Chelsea, along with his second purpose of the night time a shocking 30-yard free-kick which has since been lauded as world class.
The win made it 4 video games unbeaten for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s aspect heading into Saturday’s match at Bournemouth, and hopes have been excessive for one more win.
However the Cherries triumphed 1-0, with Rashford failing to internet regardless of taking part in the total 90 minutes.
Extremely, he recorded just one shot at Dean Court docket, following up his match-winning efficiency in opposition to Chelsea with a distressingly limp show.
And this lack of consistency means Rashford is exhibiting many similarities to Theo Walcott, the previous Arsenal ahead who at present plies his commerce for Everton.
That is in accordance with ex-Leeds, Man Metropolis and England defender Danny Mills, who joined talkSPORT on Sunday.
“One minute he’s a world-beater and the following you’re going, ‘what’s occurred? He’s gone?’,” Mills stated of Rashford.
LIVE on talkSPORT
Take a look at all of the dwell commentaries arising throughout the talkSPORT community this week
- Stoke vs West Brom (Monday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Borussia Dortmund vs Inter (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Vitoria Guimaraes vs Arsenal (Wednesday, 3:50pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Purple Star Belgrade vs Tottenham (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Atalanta vs Manchester Metropolis (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Lazio vs Celtic (Thursday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Chelsea vs Crystal Palace (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Nottingham Forest vs Derby (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Everton (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leicester vs Arsenal (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Cardiff vs Bristol Metropolis (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
“It’s not fairly as dramatic, but it surely’s virtually like ‘Theo Walcott syndrome’. He’d rating a hat-trick and also you’d suppose, ‘oh my goodness, he’s arrived! That’s it, he’s going to kick on’.
“However then he went lacking for the following 5 – 6 video games.
“I believe plenty of United’s gamers are like that.”
Rashford will hope to return to scoring methods on Thursday, when the Purple Devils host Partizan Belgrade within the Europa League, looking for their third group stage win.